topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Is your heart in it? By Allison A.


Is your heart in it?

By Allison A.

There have been many times when I've read the Bible because I felt like I had to, or like I should. Usually when I'm done reading for the day, I make a goal for myself based on what I have just read. Maybe it's "control your tongue" or "have faith in God". Whatever the case, I usually go on with my day and forget my goal. If I had really cared about fulfilling this goal, I would have tried harder to let it not be forgotten. The difference is that my heart wasn't in it. Sometimes, this is what we lack. We don't always have the heart to take the next step, to let God lead us to where He wants us to be. You have to step out of your comfort zone sometimes!

I'm not saying this is easy. I go to a church camp every year, where I attend lessons about how to improve in my walk with God. I take notes and make goals at camp, but when it's all over, I don't usually change the things that I was going to change in my character. It's because my heart wasn't in these goals. I often come up with these goals without a plan to actually fulfill them, but what good does that do?

Colossians 3:23-24 reads, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Don't let yourself walk aimlessly throughout life! When you work with all your heart, then you're getting somewhere. Once your heart is in it, let God lead you into the next chapter of your life.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge