topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Who I Am, By Marvina Stedge

Who I Am
By Marvina Stedge

So I know I haven’t written a lot lately.  But I wanted to just write and tell you all what’s been on my heart.  So I’ve been struggling with being myself, finding out who I am, and dealing with life issues like marriage, and finding myself in God’s eyes.  I’ve always known about God and I’ve always been into music, especially worship and contemporary Christian music.  Worshipping the Lord is where I feel the most connected to Him.  I do read my Bible but I feel way more connected when I am worshipping Him and praising His name.  Dealing with finding out who you are, not only in yourself, but also in God’s eyes, can be a very big deal.  For about 3 days, I have been listening to this song called "You Steady My Heart." This song is by Kari Jobe, whom I look up to. She is just so humble, so real, and so into the Lord - and she knows who she is.  But what I really love about this song is the chorus: 

Even when it hurts,
Even when it's hard,
Even when it all just falls apart,
I will run to You,
Cause I know that You are,
Lover of my soul,
Healer of my scars,
You steady my heart. 

These words are so real and so true, and remind me of a verse that has been on my heart, Psalms 55:22, which says: “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.” I’ve been reading this verse for a few days and have realized that I can give all my burdens to Him because He really does care what’s on my heart.  I have also realized that I need to start letting Him take complete control over my mind, my soul, my heart and life - so that I can fully be happy with myself, and I can know and learn who I am in Him. So when you are feeling down and you are just going through some struggles in your life, whether it’s within yourself or just your life, turn to the Lord because He cares and wants to be there for you.  I’m not only praying for myself, but also I am praying for anyone who is struggling.  Let the Lord steady your heart and completely fill you with His grace.

References:



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge