topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

God Is Great, By Christina V.

God Is Great

By Christina V.
 
 "Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God, our God."


These are the lyrics to one of my favorite worship songs right now. That, along with some other things, really made me start thinking about how powerful and mighty God really is. I think sometimes we get so caught up in this crazy world around us that sometimes we just forget. There's so much technology and so many people in high positions, such as the President, that the world seems so huge to us. And yes, compared to us as mere human beings, the world is really huge. But God is so much bigger! His love for us is amazing.
First of all, He sent His one and only Son to die on the cross to save us all from sin. I'll use an example a pastor I heard recently said. It's one thing to take the blame of every single sin you've ever committed. But imagine taking the blame for not only your own sins but the sins of your friends and family. The sins of everyone at your church and school. The sins of everyone in your town. The sins of everyone in your state. And so forth and so on until you've taken on every single sin committed by
every single person in the entire world! That's crazy huge when you think about it. Jesus did that for us. I've been a Christian since I was really young so I've heard over and over again about Jesus dying for us but to hear it that way really made me think about how incredible it is. And then, He rose again three days later! Our Lord is alive today and tomorrow and forever!  "Jesus is the only One who can save people. No one else in the world is able to save us." Acts 4:12 NCV.

God's greatness can be seen everywhere. He created this world that surrounds us. I recently was up north where some of my family lives and my dad took me and my husband to this place on the side of the road. It was secluded by some trees but as we walked up this steep hill and down a path a little ways, we came to this gorgeous waterfall that was really big at the top but as it descended down, it became smaller and smaller and turned into a brook. It was so cool because it was in the middle of nowhere and most people don't even know it was there. Even though it wasn't as impressive as the Grand Canyon or some other "wonder of the world", it was still something beautiful God created. God's glory can be displayed in the big and small things.

God cares about us so much. "Look at the birds in the air. They don't plant or harvest or store foods in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. And you know that you are worth much more than the birds." Matthew 6:26 NCV. If God can take care of birds we don't have to worry about Him taking care of us. "The Lord your God is with you; the mighty One will save you. He will rejoice over you. You will rest in His love; He will sing and be joyful about you." Zephaniah 3:17 NCV. The part about Him "rejoicing over you" is really cool to me because it makes me feel special. Granted, I know He's referring to anyone but when I read it, that part seems very personal. God loves everyone but He also personally loves me. I can come to Him anytime for anything and He will always be there no matter what. His love for us will never run out!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge