topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Memorizing Scripture When We Supposedly "Can't Fit It In To Our Normal Daily Life," By Mariana M.

Memorizing Scripture When We Supposedly "Can't Fit It In To Our Normal Daily Life"

By Mariana M.

Hello Ladies!!! While I was staying at a camp this summer, I saw a great idea that was meant to be shared and passed along to other girls like you. In the bathroom of the cabins was 4x6 note cards in different colors with Bible verses on them and others that might have been like "You are beautiful in God's Eyes" or some such thing.

These verses were placed on the sides of the mirrors, and inside all of the stall doors. Whenever you'd look in the mirror or use the bathroom, you would see these verses.

Now, if you are like me you'd probably be like " Yeah, I want to memorize scripture because I know its important and it would help for me to remember verses whenever I get in to different situations but... I simply do not have the time to sit down and study them."

Ladies, this is the solution to your excuses. I know how it is. I am the same way. After all...we're human right. Naturally we love to come up with excuses why not to do something because we have something else we'd rather do. However, this is something that is meant to be looked at every day.
And you know what? You will memorize the scripture posted after you've looked at it for a long time.

When you have learned them, my suggestion is that you change the cards and learn more. Now there's always going to be those verses that will stay there because they are the awesome ones. Go ahead and keep them there! Also, you might want to add a couple famous quotes from some inspirational people.

If you don't have a large mirror, just use the door instead. Or even if you do maybe you'll want to use both.

Another great idea is to make a prayer request list and tape it to your wall in your bedroom. Ever wonder who you should pray for? Look at the list you made before you go to
bed and when you get up. Mine is right there in front of me to remind me who I promised to pray for.

Just to give you a little idea of some verses that have been very effective for me, I wrote out a little sample for you all. This is what I taped onto our bathroom door.

Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for good and not for evil. To give you a future and a hope."

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Psalm 37:4-5  Delight yourself in the LORD ; And He will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

1 Timothy 1:12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service.

 
Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
James 1:22  But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.


Proverbs 18:24  A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
 
1 Corinthians 15:58 
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.


John 15:13  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
 

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  
 
John 14:6 Jesus answered, "
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life, no one comes to the father except through Me."John 14:26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit whom the father will send in My name, will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have said to you.
 
So my point is girls: You don't have to make excuses about why you "CAN'T" do something. This is meant for that very reason. It's meant to encourage you.

Right now, I encourage you to give this a try and to move beyond the "Excuses of Today." 

You will truly be blessed!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge