topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Come To God First - No Matter What, By Christina

Come To God First - No Matter What
  
By Christina V.
When you're having a bad day, what do you do? Do you complain? Worry? Get upset? I tend to do all three of those things plus more. For some reason, I just can't seem to remember to take my problems to the Lord. Eventually I do, but not until I've tried everything else. I tend to save the Lord for last. But this isn't the way we should handle things.
Psalm 55:22 The Message says "Pile your troubles on God's shoulders-He'll carry your load, He'll help you out." The people who annoy you and the problems that you have should be taken to the Lord. He'll help you through it. Things may not be going your way, but that's okay! Sometimes there's a reason things happen, even though we don't understand at that moment why. I'll never forget one time I was getting annoyed because a friend of mine was running late, and we had planned to go to church together. After they finally showed up, we rode to the church and on the way there, saw they were cleaning up wreckage from a bad accident that had just happened less than a half mile from the church. If my friend had been on time, we might have been the ones in the accident. I shouldn't have gotten so annoyed but instead just gave it to God and let things happen as they happened.
When things get tough we just need to give it to God before anything else. He will help us get through it. Imagine how much easier and relaxed our lives would be if we just remembered to come to Him for EVERYTHING first. Isaiah 41:10 NCV "So don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid because I am Your God. I will make you strong and will help you; I will support you with My right hand that saves you." Letting things worry us and make us afraid only brings us down and takes our focus away from God.
Instead of complaining, worrying, and stressing out, first just remember that God will give us strength to get through the hard times, if we'll just come to Him. He should be our first answer, not our last choice.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge