topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Easter: Freedom, By Emily M.


Easter: Freedom

By Emily M.

I will start by quoting a poem from

The Greatest Gift

The greatest gift that I've received,
is one I thought I didn't need.
In ignorance, I couldn't see,
Jesus on the cross for me.
For some, I thought He might have died.
But, I'm okay, so says my pride.
I figured God would let me in,
since my good out-weighed my sin.
But, when the light of truth broke through;
I learned that goodness wouldn't do.
God showed me at His Mercy Seat,
my need that only he could meet.
Since on the cross, He bled and died;
at the cross, I lay my pride.
I asked the Lord, for Jesus sake;
my sin remove, my heart remake.
That I may be made like his Son,
and in the Spirit, with Him be one.
So Christ came that we may be,
in Jesus name, made truly free.


There is no feeling like that of truly being free. I had been counting down the days on the mud wall that made up the women's prison section. It had never been my intention that i should be behind bars for any number of days but I earned mine and the uniform that would identify me as government property.

On that last day the Madam in charge asked us if anyone had anything to say. Immidiately my hand shot up and i reminded her that i was to go home. Home there is no place like home. I literally run through the gates all the way to the main road. Freedom such sweet freedom. Free from those nasty little lice that had bit me to the extent of madness, free from being numbered among the criminals, free to think, eat , sleep on a good bed and take a shower It is the same feeling we get. You will never know until you abide in him. It is written that whoever the Son sets free he is free indeed. Sometimes we forget that really amazing experience. The one of knowing someone died in your place. Alone you would never have managed. He took the pain, he took the humiliation, the abuse, the rejection . We should all know that we are well loved. We have a God who truly cares. The psalmist put it this way

Psalm 103
1 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. 2 Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- 3 who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, 4 who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion

10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. 11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. 13 As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;

God bless you all this Easter

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge