topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Every Morning, By Christina V.

New Every Morning

By Christina V.

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV
This is one of my favorite verses in the entire Bible. I’d consider it my “life verse”. The Lord really used it a few years ago when I was going through a rough time. No matter what kind of bad things I was going through, there would be new blessings the next day. God promised me that! And guess what? It became true in my life!
I had to come to a point where I had to keep telling myself this, saying this verse and other encouraging ones over and over. I had to have the right attitude. I had to “walk by faith and not by sight” as the Bible speaks about. Yes, bad things may have happened. Yes, I might have felt I couldn’t handle it. But they were all things I got through. God gave me the strength to go through them. The word “consumed” in the book of Lamentations means overwhelmed or devastated. We are never too overwhelmed when God is in our life.
The Message paraphrase says it a little bit differently but it gives you a clear picture of what this passage of scripture is saying. “But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope: God's loyal love couldn't have run out, His merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness!” Every day is a new day filled with new blessings from God! No matter what bad things happen one day, the next day is completely different and we should look forward to that brand new day and the blessings that come with it. I know life can be tough sometimes but we've got to trust God no matter what our situation. He will help us get through it.
In all of our situations, good and bad, we need to give thanks. "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" 1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV (emphasis added). When it means everything, it means just that. The good and the bad times. We shouldn't just give thanks when we're having a good day. I know I struggle with this. When things aren't going good for me the last thing I feel like doing is saying thanks to God. But I need to.  And so do you. The attitude of giving thanks no matter what will definitely change your perspective on a lot of things.
In closing, I'd like to include a few other verses about not being overwhelmed in life and about being thankful because when it all comes down to it, we need to come to the Lord in all of our situations in life instead of trying to deal with them on our own.
2 Timothy 1:7 ESV "For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
Matthew 19:26 ESV "But Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Philippians 4:13 NKJV "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Psalm 109:30 NLT "But I will give repeated thanks to the Lord, praising Him to everyone."
Colossians 3:17 NLT "And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge