topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Love of God! By Kaylee S.

The Love of God!

By Kaylee S.
John 3:17  For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through him.
 
When I talk about Jesus with other kids at school it seems like they have the wrong idea about Him.  They think that Jesus came here to say “bad girl” or “bad boy.”  It makes them think that a lot of things they are doing are wrong and that they are going to go to hell when they die.
I know sometimes it’s really hard to handle correctly the convictions of the Lord because He loves us  so much, and we can easily start thinking that He really likes swinging that paddle! 
When I told this one girl about Jesus she said the only reason she doesn’t follow Him is because of that.  She said she knows she can’t be good and she doesn’t want to always hear Jesus say “you are such a bad girl Gloria.”  I said to her “welcome to the human race!”  I told her everyone feels like that but we can’t go by our feelings, we have to go by Scripture.
We have to remember that Jesus loves us so much that He’s going to tell us every time we do something wrong, not to make us feel bad, but to protect us!  He tells us when we’re sinning because He loves us so much and doesn’t want us to get hurt!
A lot of times when I think that Jesus is telling me that I’m doing something wrong, I feel bad.  But I have to remember that He does that because He loves me!!!  He doesn’t want me to feel bad or think that He’s mad at me. 
So I told her this Bible verse and when I did it’s like Jesus was a big cheerleader yelling in my ear with a megaphone, “I didn’t come here to earth to judge you.  I came here Kaylee to save you because I love you.”  I keep hearing that over and over again and I never want to forget that!  My God, my Savior, my Wonderful Counselor always leading me in the way I should go.
So the next time we tell someone about Jesus we have to make sure that they understand that Jesus came here to save us… not to judge us!  

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge