topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

God’s big project for His children, By Chadia M.

God’s big project for His children

By Chadia M.

I bet everyone knows this verse, Jeremiah 29:11, in which God says: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Isn’t all this wonderful? Imagine this; God only wants the best for you. It was not in His original design that we should go through so much trouble.

If we analyze this Jeremiah 29:11, we see that God’s plan for us is to be rich; prosperous and not poor. I wish everybody could get this just the way it is: There must be no lack in your life. When Jesus died on the cross, one of the beautiful exchanges He made was to take your poverty so that you may have abundant life. When I talk about prosperity, it’s not only about money, it’s about everything: grades, jobs, relationships, health… God wants you to prosper in all the domains of your life. That’s what He has already written for you. Some people always ask why they are poor, or why they are always sick even though they believe in God.
Sometimes it is hard to try to understand, but it goes back to the Fall in Genesis – the Earth is not redeemed yet, and so pain and suffering have not yet been done away with. So, that means poverty, diseases, pain… come from the devil. God does not cause or want anyone to suffer; it was not in His original plan. Yet, that doesn’t mean that we should never get ill or be in trouble. No, sometimes God allows that for a good purpose, sometimes to prove to Satan that we have strong faith. Remember the story of Job? God let Satan try to make Job abandon Him (God) through sufferings but he failed because Job refused to betray God, even though he was about to die (Job 1 & 2). Job overcame not because of his might or power but because of God’s Spirit.
Remember the Word of God says in Matthew 11:30 that God’s yoke is easy and His load is light. And in 1 Corinthians 10:13, Paul says that “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” (NIV) So it’s never hard to recognize when you are put to test; for even there you know you are heading to greater prosperity (whether here or in heaven). At the end of the book of Job, the Bible tells us that God rewarded Job with the twice of what he had before. Isn’t our God just awesome? He is a God of abundance, not a God of poverty.
When you feel limited, just hold onto the promise of this verse. I don’t know whether you remember when I talked about my grades at school being so low. I had faith and I spoke prosperity to my studies, confessing it, adopting a victorious attitude and not a victim’s attitude even though it seemed I was drowning. And do you know what happened? I got more than what I had asked for, and all my classmates still can’t understand what happened to me. Our God is good.
Today my dreams are coming true. I don’t understand the ways God took to achieve them and I can’t even explain them. All I know and all I want to tell you today is that God cares about your dreams. If your dreams are in line with His will, they come from Him. So, let Him fulfill them, because that’s His will. He wants to bless you and He wills to give you more than what you have asked for or thought of (Ephesians 3:20) because He’s a God of abundance! So dare to dream big and be a prisoner of hope (1 Corinthians 13:13). Do not give up even when the devil is trying to destroy you. Remain firm and always remember that God’s plan for you is to bring you prosperity and no disaster can get in His way – He is bigger.
Faith+ Hope+ Love for ever.
Chadia

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge