topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Most Unanswered Question, By Bailey Davis

My Most Unanswered Question

By Bailey D.
What can I do to make God happy? That is the question most young Christians ask. In church the Sunday before Easter in 2010, I found the answer to this question. What would you do if God told you to jump off a cliff, and that he would catch you? What would you do if he told you that there was a 20% chance of rain? The answer to these question is the same as the answer to most asked question. You just have to trust him.
Another thing that makes him happy is when you have faith like a baby. Why a baby? Maybe because they trust their parents, their guardians, not to accidentally cause them harm. Maybe because they are so stubborn. If they want something they will get it. Maybe because they are determined.
One of my pastors’ kids was at late night Sunday school, and he was given a coke. My pastor said he could have it in the morning, so the kid threw a HUGE tantrum on the way home. Eventually he stopped.
“You’re the dad, right?” The kid asked.
“Yes.” Pastor Bryan said.
“And I’m the kid.”He said.
“Yes.”
“And when I throw a fit, you’re supposed to give me the coke.” After that he let out a bloodcurdling scream. He noticed it wasn’t working, and stopped. “Aren’t you supposed to give me the coke?” He asked.
“No. Because I’m the dad.” Pastor Bryan said. So the kid stopped. He was determined
Or maybe because they depend on their parents so much. I mean, they need you to feed them, clothe them, change their diapers! They are so dependent!
So all he wants you to do is trust and depend on him. That is the answer.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge