topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Living for Him, By Ella P.

Living for Him

By Ella P. 

Today something happened that changed me...
I was at church today. It seemed like a pretty normal service. Just like any other one... That week, the subject was "grace."They gave a definition..."Getting something you don't deserve."

It's true. We didn't deserve what Jesus did for us. But He did it anyways.  

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." My pastor was talking about if you have accepted His grace. He said a prayer for the people who have, and haven't. And that for everyone that has to start living for God. 

I thought I was one of the people who had already accepted Him into my life. I prayed, I read the Bible, I went to church every week. But what does all of that mean if you don't have a relationship with God? What does it mean when you love Him but don't do anything at all to serve Him?  

It means you haven't REALLY accepted God to be a part of your life. And so I decided that day.. That second... I would get up, and do something! I would serve Him! I would really LIVE FOR HIM. He gave me grace. And now I'm living for Him. Thank you God, for opening my eyes. And I ask you to open the eyes of others, so that they may live for you!  

Amen :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge