topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Determination, Perseverance, and Resting in God, By Gabriella M.

Determination, Perseverance, and Resting in God

By Gabriella M.

I am going to admit, ladies, that I have no idea what to write. But, because I made a commitment, I will do my best to stick to it.

It's January. People go to the gym for about a week and are determined to stick to their resolutions, but it doesn't take long for them to give up. They either get busy, forget, or just decide to quit. Their fire fades out. Why?

Why do we humans do that? Make a promise then either fade out of it or rebel against it? Why do we struggle to commit to something and stick to it, no matter what? Surely I'm not the only one with commitment problems and/or a terrible memory.

I started 2013 really well. Last year, I was fighting to just keep going. I didn't care that another year had started. But this year, I started off with a party and with a thankful heart towards God. I really felt for a good couple of weeks that I was truly happy. And I knew it wouldn't last, that something was going to come up. And something did.

Last week, a lot of things came up - a lot of painful things that broke my heart. I have really struggled to get back on my feet, but I am ready to light my fire again and do the work God has called me to do. He provides rest for weary soldiers.

Don't forget Him this year, or in the years to come.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge