topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

What Will You Say? By Hannah H.

What Will You Say?

By Hannah H.

So you're a Christian, you love Jesus, you'll take a stand for Him no matter what,  and life will be perfect! No one will ever make fun of you or your beliefs, and they will agree with everything you say! Something wrong with this picture? Yes!
As Christian teens, we need to be willing to stand up for God and share His love with others, but the Bible doesn't say that when we stand up for God everything will be perfect. To be quite honest, it's really the exact opposite. You probably won't be one of the "coolest" kids in school. And that guy you've had your eye on since grade school, well, he might like you, but he may not think your God is too "hot." There are certain sacrifices that come with living the Godly life, and when you live boldly and share God's love with others, you will be laughed at, you will be made fun of, and you will be persecuted.
So what are you going to do about that? Are you going to live like everyone else, compromising your values so you can fit it? Or are you going to stand up and make a sacrifice for the One who made the ultimate Sacrifice? I think 'B' would probably be my answer choice. If that's you, too, maybe you want some help. You want to know what to do when people laugh at you, so you're ready to take a stand.
But what do you do when the persecution comes? Let me tell you a little story. Going into middle school last year, I started a girl's Bible study that went really, really well. And I also invited people to church, and I led See You At The Pole. People laughed at me, called me names like "Preacher Girl" or "Jesus Freak." At first this bothered me, but then I saw that the Bible tells me persecution is an opportunity to share God's love. When someone laughs at you for, say, a Christian t-shirt you wear, outsmart them and tell them about it. One time I wore a church t-shirt and this guy laughed at me. So I told him about our youth group and then invited him. They usually don't have anything to say about that.
So when you are persecuted use it as an opportunity to share or just brush it off. If someone ever threatens you though, you have to take that seriously and tell an adult.
So remember this week to stand up, and do not be afraid of what people have to say about it!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge