topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Does God care? By Natasha Jane

Does God care?

By Natasha Jane 

Does God love us? Does He care for us? It’s not fair that she’s got all the things I want, and I get all the things nobody wants! It’s not fair that he got an A on that Math test without studying while I got a D on the test when I studied all night long! It’s just not fair! Doesn’t God see I need His help now? Why doesn’t He listen?
That sounds familiar for you? Well, fear not. You are not alone in this. In fact, I have often faced a similar situation again and again. Whether it’s something simple like getting a D in your test, or something much more difficult like losing your loved ones. Often you’ve prayed for God to help you, but it seems like His help never comes. It’s as if He doesn’t listen to our prayers! But I thought God listens to our prayers!
And indeed, He does. In 1 John 5:14, it’s written: And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. He does hear us! It’s written in the Bible, He listens to us! See, He doesn’t ignore us after all!
But, and this is a big but, He listens to us under one condition. If what we ask is according to His will, of course He would listen. If what we ask is not according to what He plans out for us, He’ll direct us to where He wants us to go.
Imagine this conversation with God:
You: God, why does she have everything? And I have nothing? It’s not fair!
God: No, I have everything. She has what she needs, you have what you need.
You: Yeah right, what she needs is a pretty blonde hair and blue eyes and guys to surround her with admiration. What do I have?
God: You have Me. I know your problems, and I’ll take care of everything, you just trust Me and follow My lead.
As humans, we have our own choices, whether to follow God or not. You don’t just trust something or someone with your life and everything, do you? But since you’re reading this, I assume your choice is to follow God and trust Him with your life. I made that choice, and boy am I glad I did! Let me tell you something about Him. He loves you, He has plans for you.
If you don’t believe me, just flip your Bible to Jeremiah 29:11. It is written: For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. He holds your future, He cares for you! It may not be in the way you think it should be, but just trust your life in His hands. God knows better. After all, He knows everything.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge