topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Serving and Worshiping the Lord, By Megan H.


Serving and Worshiping the Lord

By Megan H.

I am one who enjoys to sing and praise the Lord. Doesn't matter if I am in my room sitting or doing chores around the house; I am always singing, praying, or thinking about God and what I can do to please Him.

Isaiah 25:1
O Lord, Thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name, for thou hast done wonderful things, thy counsel of old are faithfulness and truth.

The Bible also speaks of praising only God.

Exodus 20:3-5

Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.

Revelation 22:8-9

And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. Then he saith unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: Worship God.

Make sure to not worship things around you. Even though we do not have idols to bow to, we still can think and dwell on things more than we should, or more than we think and dwell on God.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge