topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Psalm 118:24, By Ella P.

Psalm 118:24

By Ella P.

Sometimes I get the feeling that God isn't with me - that He's too busy with all the miracles and life saving to deal with my little problems. For instance, today I was getting my math test back. I had been praying for days that He would help me get better grades... I'd been trying so hard and was confident this time I would get at least a low B. When I got my test back, before looking at it, I said a prayer. When I turned it over... AN F!!!! It felt like a giant wave just hit me in the face.
Why wasn't God there for me? Why did He let me fail? Turns out He was there all along. I realized it when I read this:

Psalm 118:24
“This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and and be glad in it.”
  
It showed me that God is there for me good times and bad. And to rejoice in each day. Celebrate life! Even when things don't turn out the way you want. Like my dad always says, "God doesn't always give you what you want, He gives you what you need."
Maybe that grade was just motivation for me to try harder next time! I shouldn't let adversity get in the way of my happiness. I now know that God is always there for me!
Thank you Psalms! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge