topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Giving Thanks in All Things, By Sarah W.

Giving Thanks in All Things

By Sarah W.
"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for
you in Christ Jesus."

1 Thessalonians 5:18
What does it mean to give thanks in all circumstances? How is it even possible? If we look at the world around us, things just don't look that great. So how can we be thankful? I'm going to share a few tidbits I've been learning about giving thanks when life stinks.

The first thing we need to remember is that bad things were not in God's perfect plan. When sin entered the world, it carried consequences. So, when things get rough, remember that it was never God's perfect will for you to be in that situation. Remember, too, that God sees the big picture, and He will bring you through. He will bring good out of the bad and ugly. God uses difficult times to teach us to grow in our walk with Him.


I have often found myself crying out to God, demanding to know why--"why me? What did I do to deserve this? What did I do wrong? Why are you allowing me to go through this? I don't deserve it!" Then I remember two things - I don't deserve God's grace, and God is going to bring good out of the ugly. Christ took my sin upon Himself. He paid the penalty for my sins, and I really don't deserve His love.

Sometimes I struggle hard to remember this, but God is painting a masterpiece out of each of our lives. Each one will be uniquely different, and uniquely beautiful and perfect. What masterpiece is perfect without some shadows? Some will be mostly light, others will be mostly dark, but all will be perfect and beautiful; and all will have shadows - and light.


So how can we rejoice in trials? Always remember that God will ultimately use them for our good. Thank Him for that.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge