topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

When It Rained By Emily M.


When It Rained

By Emily M.

I want to start with this song; I will quote just a few lines from it.

BeBe Winans - In The Midst Of The Rain Lyrics

"Right in the midst of the rain
My heart was so full of pain
You came and rescued my soul
And then your love took control


Right in the midst of the rain
You caused me to smile again
My life was awesomely changed
Right in the midst of the rain"

For a whole month there had been no water in the house and we had been relying on odd hours and the outside tap to supply us with the precious liquid. And then it happened. The neighbours could not take the damp areas outside their house any longer so they had the tap removed by the landlord. I panicked - how could God let things like this happen? I had only water to cook. During this whole month the weather had been so hot until everything was dry and brown and dusty and that is never a good idea. It was December 23rd. Okay so mom was not going to panic, she was going to wait it out and see what the good Lord was all about. Even so, in my heart, to be honest, I could feel myself crumbling under the pressure of an unclean house, unclean toilets, unclean children and clothes and PLAN B- going to borrow water from the neighbours house - okay that would be totally embarrassing. Remember the story of the widow who was asked to collect all her jars so they could fill them with oil? (See 2 Kings 4.) Well, I did like wise. I asked the kids to collect all the jars, bowls, basins and whatever else that could store water. What I was going to fill them with only God knows. At first, we tried the tap - it was dry. I toyed with the idea of going to the neighbor but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was on the verge of tears at around 4 pm in the evening when the sky grew suddenly dark out of the blue, just like that. And then it RAINED. Oh this rain was a God sent, a blessing, a prayer answered. Very quickly we started filling every jar in the house with water... OH BLESSED WATER. And just as we finished filling the last jar, the rain stopped just like that. No one has ever been able to explain that particular phenomena to this date.

Psalm 121 (NIV) I lift up my eyes to the mountains -
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot slip -
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord watches over you -
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord will keep you from all harm -
he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge