topbella

Friday, January 24, 2014

Accepting God's Will, By Allison A.

Accepting God's Will

 By Allison A.

 I was really frustrated recently because there was something that I wanted to do, but I knew it would be sinful, and if I went through with it, I was afraid that God would punish me (which is a whole different topic!). I was just angry with God because this was something I really wanted to do, and it didn't seem that sinful, and I felt like God was holding me back. Later, though, I realized I could accept God's will and make the very best of it- I was able to see the good in His plan, while not having to bear the guilt if I went through with my own plan. I'm going to take us back to a scripture that we all probably know: 

 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11 

God's plan is there to help you; don't fight against Him. What you want isn't always what God wants; this can be frustrating, as I already explained. But just think about the consequences if you decided to sin instead of turning to God- you may feel guilty, regretful, etc. I realized that this isn't what I wanted, and it wasn't worth it. Sometimes we just need to let go of our own plans and desires and let God lead us.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge