topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Who is Jesus and what does He mean to us, By Treanna B.

Who is Jesus and what does He mean to us.

 By TreAnna B.

It saddens me to know that there really are people in this world that will ask these questions. I know there is. I know that there is people that do not yet know Christ, but it still amazes me as I search through articles, watch television, or simply read a book and questions like this are in evidence.
The question "Who is Jesus and what does He mean to us" is a simple one. You could walk up to any Christian on the street and they will tell you, especially I (and I am a Christian) will tell you Jesus is the way and the life. He is God's son. This statement in itself does not hold up very well because in theory it is an opinion. Unless you believe in the Bible I cannot prove to you it is a fact.
Before we get any further on this issue let me say this. I have heard in various places mostly in school, from my teachers, that unless you truly want to do something, believe in something, you will not, because no matter what I say; no matter what your best friend says; no matter what your daughter, son, sister, brother, mother, father, pastor, or significant other says, you will not do something, believe in something unless you are convinced it is worth doing or believing. A quote one of my past teachers said was, “There is no one person in this world that will make you do anything. What ever you do is of your own will.” I am here to say I believe that wholeheartedly.
Moving back to the issue at hand. I can answer quite simply that Jesus is God’s son and leave it at that; however, I will not. Jesus is God’s son, but He is also my best friend. He is also the one who performed so many miracles in the past. Most importantly He is the one who died on a cross to save us from our sins. You are sitting there, reading this article and thinking, “How does she have proof of this? Why should I believe what some teenage girl says? This is hardly proof!” Well sirs, and madams, boys, and girls, whoever may be reading this article and asking this question, I will try and supply you with an answer.
John 3:16 states that “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” I admit that putting this statement in this particular article probably was not a good idea for it opens up so much more controversy, but it is a fact; a fact that we will not debate on in this particular piece.
Jesus is life. I cannot give you much more proof than what is in the above paragraph. If you think I am making this up, consult with any priest or pastor I assure you they will tell you almost the same thing, if not the identical thing. I could tell you to go to any bookstore, get a Bible and look up this statement, but I am sure most of you would not do that.
The next part of the question, “what does He mean to us” is a much harder thing to answer. In all simplicity Jesus means everything. He means life. He means peace. He means love. He means and He is sacrifice, but then again what does He mean to us? This is a question I cannot answer for all, because for each person it is different. All I can say is what He means to me, what he represents to me. Love. To others He may be a blessing. He may be help, and yet to others who do not know Him, He is just a name.
For those of you who read this article and push it to the side as opinion, I pray for you. For those of you who read this article and accept it and believe it, I rejoice with you. Most of all to the ones who read this and accept Christ as their Savior, I am pleased for you. Most of the people that read this are going to toss it to the side as myth, lies, and half-truths. As I said earlier,  I cannot make you believe what you do not want to believe. I cannot convince you to do what you cannot do, but I hope with all my heart that the ones that read this will not simply throw it away as they do so many other things in life.
A simple question, yet it has to have such a complicated answer. Or does it?

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge