topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Problem With Rumors, By Courtney

The Problem With Rumors  

 By Courtney S.
"Hi Marcia!" said Clara. "Boy, did you miss some action last week!"
"What happened?"
"Well let me see.... Oh! There was a rumor that Brian Fitzger cheated off Mikayla's paper in geography class! He claims that he didn't but, I've told everyone that I can think of, well except you!"
"Oh Clara, you really should stop spreading rumors."
"Yea, I know! But, I can't help myself! You will pass this one on won't you? I mean, you have to! Everyone needs to know that Brian Fitzger is a cheater!"
"Oh alright, but this is the very last time! I mean it!"  
"Hi Clara! How was school?" Mom asked.
"Fine."
"You didn't by any chance spread any rumors did you?"
"Of course not mom! Why do you ask?"
"Well it seems like a lot of the kids are giving Brian Fitzger a hard time."
"Oh Mom! I had to! I'm tired of always having to be nice to that spoiled kid!"
"Well, 1st of all spreading rumors isn't nice whatsoever and even more than that it isn't godly at all. Mrs. Applewood allowed Brian to look at Mikayla's workbook because he doesn't have his own yet, and his eyesight isn't the best. He wasn't cheating."
"Oh" said Clara sheepishly.
"I think you have some apologizing to do young lady."
"Yea, me too."  
 Question Time!
I would like for you to answer the questions below and email them to me. With your answers please include you first name or nickname whatever you prefer and your age. I will then post them on CGC.    
1. Why shouldn't Clara have told had told Marcia that Brian Fitzger had cheated off of Mikayla's paper?  
2. What did Marcia do that was also wrong?  
3. How should Marcia have responded to Clara's rumor?  
4. Why did Clara have to apologize?  
5.What would you have done if you were in Marcia's position?  
6. What you have done if you were in Clara's position?  
Bible Verse  
New International Version (NIV): Psalm 34:13 reads: Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking lies.  
New King James Version (NKJV): Psalm 34:13 reads: Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit.  
King James Version (KJV): Psalm 34:13 reads: Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.      
Summary
Basically all this is saying is: Refrain form speaking things that you do not know are true. For another example:  If someone were to tell you that they think something is safe to eat or drink, but they're not positive, would you eat or drink it? No! You wouldn't. You'd go and ask someone who knew. It's the same with what you say, if you don't know if the person did it, don't say they did. Talk to the person and find out or don't say anything at all. I know that sometimes it is easier said than done, but pray to God for strength and he will help you.   
 ~God Bless! Courtney~

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge