topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Procrastination & Witnessing, By Makaeyla Z.

Procrastination & Witnessing

By Makaeyla Z.

Procrastination is very common among highschoolers. I am terrible about it! Just earlier tonight (Sunday) I looked at my planner and I have probably three tests tomorrow that I haven't studied for, not to mention, I just finished all my homework (it's 11:36 pm). I had three vocab papers, an English paper, and seven geometry papers. Oh, and I have to buy To Kill A Mockingbird by Thursday. I have the craziest schedule this year and I definitely need to work on this. The bible talks about procrastination a lot. 

Proverbs 13:4 "The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richely supplied."(ESV) 
Proverbs 12:24 "The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor." (ESV)


Slothfullness is one of the "seven deadly sins." You can't procrastinate but say you aren't slothfull, because slothfullness is being lazy and if you weren't lazy you wouldn't procrastinate. As Christians we should be motivated to do anything, and everything as we do it for Christ, whether that's biology homework or reading our Bible. 



One thing you should NEVER wait until the last minute to do is SHARE THE GOSPEL. I know that's hard to do for a lot of people. Hello! I hate confrontation, no matter what the circumstances. But you don't have to start witnessing and sharing the gospel by going straight up to someone and talking about God. The best way to witness to someone is by loving them, and showing them: This is Where I Was, This is Where I Am, and This is Where I Am Going!! Show them your testimony by being strong, and loving no matter what is going on behind the scenes. I know that can be hard, especially in highschool. Trust me, at a football game last Friday a girl told me she hated me because I ate lunch with her boyfriend who happened to be my best friend since seventh grade. I wanted to yell at her and punch her, but I couldn't. I had to put on my best Christian-Lady-Like face and walk away. I still have to love her even though she "hates" me. I pray she sees God in me through that. There are so many ways you can share the Gospel at school without actually having to talk to someone about it. Though, this is just a first step. Eventually you will have to talk. 

You can: Read your Bible at lunch or whenever you have time. Pray before you eat. Respect people who don't respect you. Offer to pray for people (yes i know this is talking but it's not exactly the same) especially hurt football players. Listen to podcasts instead of music, or just listen to Christian music. Remember, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13 ESV)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge