topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

When the Lord is Your Guide, By Emily M.


When the Lord is Your Guide

By Emily M.

I will quote from Psalms 23:4 - "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

I got a job... I will never forget the smile on my face as I was informing my mother I had a job at a local butchery. Little did I know how short lived my happiness would actually be. I was 20 and I knew I was going to earn something to buy my little boy stuff. It wasn't much really, but it was going to be something nevertheless. This job required that I report to work before 7am in the morning and close just after 8 p.m. at night, and this is where things took a turn for the scary. For the first few days I was able to secure transport as my employer was pretending to be a nice person and let me go early. Then she stopped and this is when I truly learned that for real God's Angels are completely in charge and other nice verses like He will never leave you nor forsake you. I will attempt to describe my road home so as to give a clear picture of my problem. You see there were no cars so I had to walk through 10km or 6.2 miles of coffee plantation. It is an area known for robbers and all manners of bad people with the wrong agenda in their heads for a girl walking by herself at 9 p.m. at night. For two months I did this. I was not trying to pull a bad stunt but it was necessary to get home and you know what not once did anything out of the ordinary ever happen to me at all. I must confess I saw the hand of God knowing all the stories. Psalm 139 says "1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. 5 You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge