topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Voice, By CJ

The Voice

By CJ

This past year, I’ve really seen bullying. Most of the time, I tell the bully to back off. But when it came to this one kid that I didn’t particularly enjoy, I never said anything a just felt bad. His family is military so he has been in my area for the past year. But now, people just bully him right and left. I felt bad because I never really stood up. I realized that I was just as bad as those mean kids. I once heard that ‘’Evil Triumphs when a good man does nothing.’’ Not saying anything is accepting the fact that I agree with them instead of the victim. Today I made a stand. I stood up from my desk, walked over, and told the bully to go away. Standing up is not easy to do. I’ve been spat upon, cursed at, chewed out, almost hit. But Jesus had that too. When they do that, it just makes me feel better. I can’t explain the feeling where you know good has victory. God will speak though you. So stand up, girls, stand up for what you believe in. Stand up for your fellow neighbor. Stand up for God. Speak out. 1st Peter 5:8-9 says ‘’Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy like the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of Believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings,’’ Every voice matters.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge