topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

One Word, By Hillary-Beth Koenig

One Word:

By Hillary-Beth Koenig

FAITH.
That's the one word for the my school experience at this time.
Why? Because I'm totally lost and I'd be in despair if it weren't for GRACE.
So maybe there's two words, you know? Because every time I search He gives more! I read in the Scripture just today something awesome -

"Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." That's from Jeremiah 29.

Okay, I included all the captivity stuff because of that last sentence...God said He was the one who carried them into exile! As if we didn't know He was in control ;) He definitely is, whether we remember that at a given moment or not!

By the way Jeremiah 29 is also the same chapter that tells us of God's wonderful plans for us - He said He knows the plans He has for you, to give you hope and a future!

So that was my sitting-on-a-rock moment of the day. What God did in my heart brought PEACE into a very trying moment. So I guess there's three words? Okay, maybe I should just say, all I need is...
JESUS.

That's one Word. :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge