topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How do you know if you’re being called to something?, By Haley B.


How do you know if you’re being called to something?

By Haley B.

I’m new to this whole “being called” thing. I really am. I’ll share a personal story and how I knew I was called to go to this thing called summer project.
I’m involved in a ministry on college campuses all over the world called Campus Crusade for Christ. Maybe some of you girls have even heard of it. Anyways, they have the opportunity to go on what’s called summer project. With Campus Crusade, or CRU for short, you can basically go anywhere in the world you want to, whether it be to East Asia and China or stay stateside in Charleston, SC. Literally, CRU can take you anywhere you want to go.
Well, during the CRU meetings at school in the spring, they would always talk to us about summer project, or project for short. They were always encouraging people to just apply to go to it. Yes, you have to apply… it’s a HUGE and LONG process. I didn’t go to many CRU meetings in the spring because my mom became very sick and got the flesh eating virus and was in the hospital for nine weeks.
She had just gotten out and it was about mid-March when I was finally brave enough to go back and face my friends whom I was so scared to tell about what had happened to my mom. The staff on CRU obviously talked about project but something about it was different that night. We usually go to Krispy Kreme afterwards (in case some of y’all don’t know what KK’s is, it’s this delicious donut place…like Tim Horton’s in Canada) but this week, I didn’t go.
As I walked back to my dorm room, I felt this burden on my heart like a push to do something. I didn’t know what it was quite yet but I knew something wasn’t right. I walked into my dorm room and immediately got on my computer. I don’t know why but the first thing I typed in was gosummerproject.com. I had heard about project before but this night touched me like nothing else ever had. I knew that God was calling me to apply to project and to trust Him in what He was going to do in my life, no matter what I had just been through.
Long story short, I got accepted, I went to Daytona Beach for two weeks, and my life was forever changed there all because of a little tug on my heart.
I knew that if I hadn’t answered that calling to apply to project that my life would still be the same as it was before and I would still be stuck in the horrible situations I was in.
I knew it was God calling me to apply because it was something I had never experienced before. I had never experienced a tugging at my heart so great and so urgent. There were no voices telling me anything but just a heavy burden on my heart that I had come to the right night at CRU and that I needed to apply.
I wish I could tell you that there will be voices and shouting and you’ll know exactly what you’re supposed to do but there aren’t. I’m pretty sure it’s different for every single person. I do know this: if you are unsure about where God is leading you, don’t even hesitate to PRAY ABOUT IT! God will answer you in His timing, not yours! Praying about it definitely helps you feel better about it and maybe it will be the time when God wants you to know what path He wants to take you down!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge