topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Courage, By Emily M.

Courage

By Emily M.

"Courage is not limited to the battlefield. The real tests of courage are much quieter. They are the inner tests, like enduring pain when the room is empty or standing alone when you're misunderstood."
-- Charles Swindoll

2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

I got pregnant at the tender age of 18. At that time most of my friends were having fun either in school, going to college or just home. It was devastating. Sometimes you have crucial decisions to make and they are usually a matter of life and death. I knew with wrong influence I would probably make a wrong decision and almost did, but a last minute decision to face my giants changed the course of history. It takes courage to face your fears and mistakes. It takes even more courage to ask God to forgive you and to continue and to forgive yourself. I absolutely love the way Timothy put it…For God has not given us a spirit of fear – do you have fear? Yes…the future did not look that bright at all…but of power…this was a life that is now 12 years old. The right kind of power to hold on to a dear life that God had given me…and love it with all my heart. Self control? Yes …it is the hardest thing sometimes to maintain good girl status..there are so many temptations out there so many people showing you the right way to go..but with the gift of self control I think you would be more ahead than most people.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge