topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What Does "Love" Really Mean? By Courtney

What Does "Love" Really Mean? 

By Courtney S.

Love, what does the word love really mean? On Bible Gateway it pulls up 695 verses of the Bible with love in it. One of my very favorite Bible verses, John 3:16 reads: For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, Jesus Christ to die for us. Webster's dictionary defines love as: A unselfish, loyal, and benevolent concern for the good of another. That is exactly how God feels for us. Even though we are sinful people he loves us unconditionally. He loves us even when we don't love him.

In the English language, love is used in so many different ways. I sign love, Courtney to my friends. I say, "I love yo," to my Grandma. On Valentine's day when you have to give cards to all the people in your class including, people you probably have never talked to, you sign Love, whatever your name is. I like how one of the CGC members named Allison signs her emails: Jesus Loves You! Allison.

I was on the Brio magazine website and I read an article that said how love was used way to carelessly. Star struck girls say: I love Zac Efron or I love Jesse McCartney. Do you really? How can you love someone unconditionally and unselfishly who you don't even know?  On movies, girls go on dates with the cutest guy at school and they come home saying I'm in love. The next day the guy, doesn't remember her. I don't think that is unconditional love. Do you? That just means the guy romanced her. In other words she bought into his flirtatious behavior. She fell for his trap. That is all that is.

I would love to hear your thoughts please send your comments and questions!

Remember Jesus is love,
Courtney S.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge