topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Putting God first Ella P.


Putting God first

By Ella P. 
Over the past few weeks I've been having trouble connecting with God. I let internet and friends take over the time I could be using to spend with Him. I've been letting myself drift away. And I'm actually breaking the first of the 10 Commandments: Put God first. I'm not putting Him first. Spending time with Him should be my first priority, but it's not and I realize I have to fix that.
Maybe a good start would by praying. You can pray all day everyday. But not JUST for a cry of help, or want. But to talk to Him. You don't only need to talk to Him when you're in trouble, or want something, or need something to happen. But talk to Him. Yes, He's father.
Yes He's Savior. Yes He's Creator, but He's also our friend. God is your friend. So don't let these distractions pull you away from Him. He has open ears, and is always willing to listen. Try spending some time with Him. Think about if what you're doing is important, and I will try to do the same.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge