topbella

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Our Hearts Toward Authority, By Anonymous


Our Hearts Toward Authority

By Anonymous 

Ever had someone tell you to do something, and you go off and do it, but in reality your heart’s not in it - anyone who can hear you under your breath knows you do not have a good attitude. You are murmuring about some aspect of the task ahead or some fault in the person who gave your directions.

In the back of your mind, you know you can get into trouble by disrespecting authority outright. You may even know that even thinking bad things against your authority can get you into trouble - maybe you’ve slipped and said something aloud you meant only for your private thoughts. What does the Bible have to say about authority?
Go to: Ecclesiastes 10:20
Here’s a neat paraphrase:Don't bad-mouth your leaders, not even under your breath,
And don't abuse your betters, even in the privacy of your home.
Loose talk has a way of getting picked up and spread around.
Little birds drop the crumbs of your gossip far and wide.
(The Message)

Children must honor their parents, wives must honor their husbands, employees must honor their employers, and church members must honor their pastors (Ephesians 6:1-3; Ephesians 5:33; Titus 2:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 5:12;).
Think about it practically; if you aren’t harboring these feelings and words in secret, then you are certainly not going to slip up and say something bad, or constantly be guarding yourself when you are around those you might think badly of! Jesus knew that; in Matthew 15:19 He says that our sins come out from our heart. If you want your actions to be blameless, your heart needs to be pure. Only Jesus can make your heart pure. It is something that He starts the day you are saved and continues to work in you until you meet Him face to face. Have you let Him start working in your heart?
“Take, me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking

Welcome to this heart of mine
I've buried under prideful vines
Grown to hide the mess I've made
Inside of me
Come decorate, Lord

Open up the creaking door
And walk upon the dusty floor
Scrape away the guilty stains
Until no sin or shame remain
Spread Your love upon the walls
And occupy the empty halls
Until the man I am has faded
No more doors are barricaded

Chorus
Come inside this heart of mine
It's not my own
Make it home
Come and take this heart and make it
All Your own
Welcome home

Take a seat, pull up a chair
Forgive me for the disrepair
And the souvenirs from floor to ceiling
Gathered on my search for meaning
Every closet's filled with clutter
Messes yet to be discovered
I'm overwhelmed, I understand
I can't make this place all that You can

I took the space that You placed in me
Redecorated in shades of greed
And I made sure every door stayed locked
Every window blocked, and still You knocked
 

Take me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking”

~Shaun Groves

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge