topbella

Sunday, March 7, 2004

Lemons, By Kimberly

Lemons

By Kimberly

One day, My mom was making a lemon cake for my dad. He loves them, and requested one for his birthday.

She'd run out of lemon juice, so she used a real lemon. But when she picked up the lemon, it was partly shriveled up.

I said to my mom, "It looks like it's rotten!"

She said, "No, it's still good." I have to admit, I doubted her from the way the lemon looked. But she cut it in half, and to my surprise, the lemon was perfect inside.

My mom said, "Looks can be deceiving." And that got me thinking. As Christians, sometimes we can be like that lemon.

Except opposite. We try and make ourselves look good on the outside. But in reality, we're not good on the inside.

Take for example how you act at church. You always act happy and pleasant, right? Well, then how do you act at home? Do you argue with your siblings? Talk back to your parents? Snap at someone when you're stressed out?

Then why don't you do those things at church, and when you're out in public? It's because you don't want to look bad.

If you know you shouldn't be acting badly at church, then you know you shouldn't be acting that way at home, too.

Ephesians 4:31-32


Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge