topbella

Monday, March 8, 2004

Fear, By Kimberly

Fear

By Kimberly M.


We're all afraid of something, whether we want to admit it or not. Be it snakes, heights, spiders, bees, disease - the list goes on and on.

How can we deal with fear? We need peace.

How do we get it?

Only God can give us the peace we need. Instead of worrying about the little things, we need to trust God. He will protect you, and take care of all your needs.

Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.

Isaiah 41:10

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Psalm 56:3

What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Isaiah 43:2

When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

And whether we realize it or not, fear is sin. God does not create fear, but instead, Satan does.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

So if we are giving into our fears, we are doing exactly what Satan wants.

Just ask God to help you control your fears and give you peace about them. He is always there for you!

John 14:27b

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge