topbella

Friday, September 25, 2015

See you at the Pole

See you at the Pole

By Beatrix C.
Tuesday afternoon, after school, I was walking down to the area where my dad picks me up. At the corner of where I turned right, was a lady who had papers in her hand. She smiled at me and handed me a paper while explaining to me that there were free drinks and snacks a little ways ahead. I really wasn't paying attention because I was fascinated by her British accent, but after I got over it, I examined the paper she had given me. It was about a Bible study that was being held at the small church there in the lot. As I came closer, I could hear Christian music being blasted from some speakers. I looked up from the paper to see a few tables set up in front of the church. A man greeted me with a smile and offered me a snack and drink. I accepted with a smile on my face. I sat down and munched on my snacks while other students made their way over. Sitting there, I overhead one of the adults talking to another student. It was about See You at The Pole. I had heard about this in Sunday school just days ago. My curiosity was piqued. When the man was done talking with the student, I asked him about it. He explained to me that the CIA (Christ In Action) club was going to meet at 6:45 the next morning for the international pray around the pole. Now, I was very curious as I had heard about the CIA club that my high school had. 
So I told my dad about it and he was on board. The next day (Wednesday), we woke up right at the crack of dawn and got to school by 6:30. It was really cool! Quite a few kids showed up, a few teachers, and my dad decided he wanted to do it with us. We all gathered in a circle, held hands, and prayed about the school and our country amongst other things. I leaned that this year was the 25th anniversary since it had been started all those years ago by 10 students. Later today, I learned that when my dad went over to my younger siblings' school and my dad mentioned it. My siblings' school the had their first pray around the pole.
I thought this was really cool and wanted to share this with y'all. If you don't have this at your school, or this is the first you've heard of it, why don't you go start it at your school next year? Get it going. It's an experience you wouldn't want to miss. c:

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge