topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Victory In Jesus, By Kaylee S.


Victory In Jesus

By Kaylee S.

I have the best BFF in the world!  Her name is Trish and we’ve been BFF’s since we were 3 years old.  We do everything together and we’re pretty much the same except she wants to be a boxer when she gets older, and I want to have a modest fashion store.
But we like a lot of the same music and food and fashions… and guys!  We do everything together and we tell each other everything.  I am so happy that Jesus put Trish in my life.
I did say we share everything together and that’s so true, everything that happens to us including life and death.  And I have to say right now that we are sharing something that everyone is going to share, or they maybe already shared it a little bit… but Trish’s dad died!
I don’t think that there’s anything more sad than when we lose someone we love.  I say that because I know… my mom died when I was 4 years old, and I miss her every day of my life.  So I know exactly what Trish is feeling.  And I was thinking maybe one of the reasons that we’re friends is because Jesus knew that we would both lose one of our parents.
I don’t know how many nights I cried myself to sleep thinking about my mom, and now I know Trish is going to lose a lot of sleep thinking about her dad.  Sometimes when I’m crying I ask God to destroy death right now and just make everything good again.  Then I thought about these verses that talk about life and death.   
1 Corinthians 15:54-57  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

PRAISE GOD!!!  How wonderful is that?  How absolutely wonderful is Jesus for destroying death by dying on the cross.  A cross where He was made to die… for life!  A cross where there was complete humiliation, and pain, and sadness, and death… and Life!
And 1 Cor 15:57 is so very important and wonderful… “BUT… Thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!”  How absolutely, positively wonderful is that? 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge