topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The True Love of God, By Melodie Michelle


The True Love of God


 By Melodie Michelle

These words about love are familiar to most of us, but I can honestly say that living them has not always been easy for me. As a child, I was not always exposed to this (God's love) kind of love—in fact, I was  taught to be suspicious of everyone, including myself. I was told that the motives of other people were not to be trusted, and that I was not trustworthy, because I couldn't possibly know what I was doing. This instilled in me a a negative form of "love." My grandmother, Gladys, was the apple of my eye. She loved me unconditionally, but when she passed away, I was lost again, for she had taught me some about Jesus... After that, all I knew about Jesus was that our Baptist church that told me I was going to hell for wearing shorts, that were down to my knees, no less! To a young 14 year old girl, this was not a loving God. I didn't know then that people were telling me that because they believed that God said these things... I wanted no part of that at all.

It took me a while to overcome this, but I finally learned that the love of God was real. It took several years and many promptings of the Holy Spirit to show me the TRUE LOVE OF GOD - He doesn't care what attire we wear, or what we have done - He loves us ALL unconditionally - period. Drugs, alcohol, or people cannot fill that void inside you that is made for JESUS. When we LOVE HIM with ALL we are inside and seek Him first and foremost, that is when we can live the life with PEACE that He gives us and have a joy inside - no matter what we are "feeling" inside, and no matter what is going on around us. Focus on Jesus, my friends, and allow His love to shine through you, onto others.

Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy, is not boastful or vainglorious . . . it is not rude (unmannerly) and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God’s love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it . . . does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness, but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best of every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances, and it endures everything. . . . Love never fails [never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end].
~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8~

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge