topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Treasures in Heaven, By Allison A.


Treasures in Heaven

By Allison A.

Hi! I'm Allison. Today, I was buying a new phone, and I wanted an iPhone. It cost too much money, so I wasn't able to get one, but you know what? I didn't need it.

I know a lot of us value worldly things: technology, school work, celebrities, etc. I do. What about valuing others' opinions of us? This is something I need to work on, personally. We often get so worked up about what other people think that we forget about God's opinion - and that's whose opinion matters most. It can be easy to become distracted by celebrities, or too consumed with schoolwork. But it will all pass away.

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal." Matthew 6:20.

Everything we store up on earth will not last, and it's not worth our time and energy! God's gift is so much greater. Cell phones, boyfriends, all A's in school, etc. will not fulfill us the way God can. Let God's love enter your life and let Him be your fulfillment. Real joy comes from God.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge