topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Love… or not! By Kaylee S.

Love… or not!

By Kaylee S.

My mom died when I was 4 years old.  Jesus knows how many nights I spend crying in my bed before I go to sleep.  Sometimes it takes me a long time to get to sleep because I would be praying and talking to my mom.
I would ask her how she is doing, and that I know she’s very happy being in heaven with Jesus.  She doesn’t have any more pain or sorrow, and she’s not infested with sin anymore!  I am so happy and sad at the same time when I think about her.  I’m happy that she's happy being at home with Jesus, but I am so sad because I miss her so much!  Sometimes I think that I’ll never be able to stop crying.
But I’m still here, in this sin infested world.  I pray so much that Jesus would take me home too, but I  don’t know… I might live to be a very old lady.  Me and my dad had a big talk yesterday cause I didn’t have school and I told him everything.  I did that!  I had to because I’m so tired of not saying anything to anyone… well I mean except Trish my BFF.  But I don’t tell anybody anything.
He told me I have to stop carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders.  But I don’t think I can.  I mean when I go to school and see all the girls gossiping, and swearing and calling each other really bad names it hurts me.  I don’t know why it just does. 
But I was reading my Bible this morning before school and I read this verse:

Matthew 24:12  And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. 

And the word lawlessness bothered me.  So I got my dad’s Hebrew/Greek dictionary and looked it up and it said “lawless, wicked, the lawless one.”  And I think there’s some place in the Bible where it says Satan is the lawless one and that really scared me!  And I was thinking that when we’re lawless we’re just like Satan. 
And since Satan is the opposite of God, and the Bible says that God is love, Satan is hate and that’s what I see a lot of in school… hate!
So if we’re Christians we should know that God is love, and if we are God’s children, we need to stop fighting with each other, and hating each other, and love everyone.  It just makes sense I think. 
I mean if God is love, and God lives in us, shouldn’t we be loving everyone too?  Like the song says “And they’ll know we are Christians by our love!”

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge