topbella

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mother's Day, By Marlene


Mother's Day

By Marlene

Exodus 20:12 "Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you."
  Mother's Day is a day set aside to honor our moms. I believe that all mothers are the back bone of the household.  They do everything around the house for everybody. Their work is never done. There's always something for moms to do.  There's never a dull moment in the house.
My mom is one fine lady and I love her so much.  She is my best friend and my mom.  She listens to everything, and does everything.  If it wasn't for her nothing would get done. 
Some moms work and take care of the house.  It is very hard for a mom to do both, but they do.  The ones who work and have kids really have lots to do.  They love to do it though.  Any problem that lies ahead the mom is the one that takes care of it. 
Some do not know how special it is to have a mom.  Children should know that their mom is great and that they try very hard to keep everything together. When the kids grow up, who takes care of everything? 
If it wasn't for my mom I would not have the things I have.  They give their everything and then some.  When they get old and can't do things like they use to, us children have to be the one to help out.  I do not live near my mom, but I make sure I call her all the time to make sure she is okay.
There were times when I was not talking to my mom because we had a big fight and it was for a whole month.  We missed each other and I started to talk to her again.  We told each other how much we loved each other and we would not fight any more.  It is hard to be a mom.  They have to think about and do everything for us when we are small. They do not get the credit often - sometimes only on Mother's Day they get the credit.  They should get it every day of the year - so do something special for your mom!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge