topbella

Friday, June 27, 2014

Everything in its Season and a Season for Everything By TreAnna B.



Everything in its Season and a Season for Everything
By TreAnna B.

In a few short months, I'll turn 20. While I feel extremely blessed to be where I'm at in life—sophomore in college, gaining headway with my writing career, meeting wonderful new people—I look around at others I've graduated high school with and feel like they've gotten so much farther than I have. I can't help but think to myself, “God what are you doing with my life?”

It seems that everyday my peers are engaging in something much more extravagant than what I'm currently doing. One of my friends has become a celebrity almost overnight, another has opened her own business. Many more have already gotten married and settled down with little families of their own.

Then there's me.
Single. Nothing close to celebrity status. Definitely not an entrepreneur. I'm just a normal college student, trying to stay afloat amid all the stresses of college life.
           
As I continued to dwell on this fact, I only became increasingly unhappy. I became easily frustrated too. Not only at myself but at God. I felt like I wasn't doing enough to keep up with everyone around me. Then one day I received an email that changed my entire perspective.

Hilary Beth sent out an email that contained a story about an eight year old girl who had used Write For Him, GGFG's first book to start a Christian club at recess.
After reading this I just sat back and stared at my computer screen. After a few moments, I realized I was grinning like a Cheshire cat. “You are using me.” I remember saying to God.  While it may not be anything huge right now, God was using some of what I had written in a way I never expected Him to.

Ecclesiastes3:1 states,There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.While my friends are already settling down with a family, and I'm not, I have to realize its because it isn't my time yet.
           
I'm constantly asking God to use me and my talents to glorify Him. It shouldn't come as a surprise to me when He answers that plea, but it does. Just as with the eight year old girl.

No, I may not be famous. I may not have a lot of money. I may not have a family of my own, or even a business of my own, but none of that matters anymore. I have realized that God has a different plan for me right now. When He is ready for me to settle down, I will. If He chooses to expand my writing career, it'll happen. There is a season for everything...mine just hasn't come yet.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge