topbella

Friday, April 25, 2014

White Boots - By Leah F.

White Boots


By Leah F.

Recently, Jamie Grace's new album came out; Ready to Fly. In that album, there is a song called "White Boots." Here are the lyrics to the chorus:
"I got my white boots, I got my white dress
And I ain't getting them dusty
All I need you to bring; are love rings
And I know in time I'll be ready
'Cause I've been waiting waiting waiting for you;
In my white boots"

Now, to most people (including me) you might just think this is about a girl in a wedding dress waiting for love. But this song is all a metaphor. The white boots and dress represent purity, and the dust represents sexual sin.

God's Holy Word says your body is a temple, to keep it sacred and holy. You shouldn't abuse it
stain it. A part in Galatians 5 says, "The acts of the sinful nature are obvious; sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery, idolatry and witchcraft, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, dissensions, factions, and envy, drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you as I did before that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God."

Culture goes against these things today. Over drinking and hurting your brain is allowed as long as
your not driving. Hatred against people and yourself seems to be okay. It causes awful things; like
murder, suicide, destruction, and even war. But most of all; you can just have sex with whoever and
whenever. As Christians, we should know that this is wrong. You should keep your body pure and holy, for that's what God commands. The Bible goes on and on about how commuting adultery is wrong, but some people just refuse to accept it. People think that because society is okay, we must just be thinking wrong.

Exodus 20:14 says, "You shall not commit adultery." Guess where this is from: the Ten Commandments. If God wasn't serious about this topic, I'm 100% certain it wouldn't be in the ten laws given to Moses by God, written in stone; literally!!!!

Proverbs 6:32 says, "He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself." This verse shows how that by commuting adultery, you lack a certain wisdom. And if you commit adultery, you ruin yourself; you ruin the temple that God made you to be.

Romans 13:13 says, "Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires." This verse shows how you need to not follow the world's example, but Jesus' example. We need to live as if we were Jesus, leaving a good example, and standing up to what we think is right (based on Biblical beliefs.)

Now I leave you with this; I pray that you will keep your white boots and your white dress. I also pray that you help pass on this message.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge