topbella

Friday, December 11, 2015

Mountain Movers

Mountain Movers

By Caitlyn S.
Psalm 121:1-2 "I lift my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and earth."
When I was younger I used to think this verse meant that the Lord was in the hills. That we would literally look up and see Him.

Instead of that, I think we actually look around and we see these mountains of life- fear, insecurities, death of a loved one, or grades at school. And we ask God with a genuine doubt "Where is my help?!" That's when He whispers, "right here".

How amazing is that?! That we can question and doubt our God when the mountains seem to be closing in around us, but our God still comes to our side- A God that is shrinking and moving mountains RIGHT NOW.

Matthew 7:20 takes on this same concept with a little twist when it says "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

So not only do we have the Lord that created the heavens and the earth on our side, we also have His power living inside of us!

I don't know about you, but I don't want to stand in front of a mountain with my knees shaking, frozen with fear, when in reality, all I have to do is say "move". I don't want to forget that the Holy Spirit that lives inside of me is stronger and more powerful than ANY force or person.

So no matter what you face today or what you find your eyes looking at in front of you. Remember His love for you can literally conquer it all.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge