topbella

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Presenting the Gospel- no Matter What



Presenting the Gospel- No Matter What 


By: Maryann Y.
​Hello. I am going to discuss something that has particularly bother​ed me this past week- Presenting the Gospel.

First, what is the Gospel? The Good News. The story of Jesus' Love for us. The amazing story of the Cross. 1 Corinthians 15:2 says, "By this Gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the Word I preached to you, Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 

The first thing I thought when I read this was, "Ouch." Paul is good about using strong words. Basically, the verse means that if you believe in a God, but not in the Gospel, you are not a Christian and are eternally condemned. Like I said, Yikes. but if you DO believe in the Gospel, guess what? 

"I write these things to you in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life."  1 John 5:13.  And earlier, in 1 John 5:11,

"And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son."   Now you can jump up and down and say, "Yay!"   Jesus is Eternal Life, and God gave us Jesus.

Now we get to the real meat.  Once you have Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, You Have To Share Him.  No if's and's or but's. 

Well, maybe some and's, but we're getting of topic. All Christians are missionaries, and all Christians must share Him.          No Question. 


Now, I know you're going to say this, because I already have;


You/Me: But I'm to young! ( that and the one below are mine ) 

                              or

You/Me: I don't know how and I never was good at public speaking!

                              or  

You/Me: But all my friends are Christians, I don't know any unbelievers!


The last one may or may not be true, but it usually isn't. What about that neighbor that always walks her dog past your house? Or that elderly man who never leaves his porch swing? Or the employee at Target you see every week? Or that girl you sit next to in class every week? (unless your home-schooled like me) 


Now if you ARE like me, and you live in Togo, West Africa, your butcher could be a failing Catholic, the pool manager at 'Pacine Atlantide'(French) could have dabbled in Catholicism and Protestantism, E.TC. Most of the Togolais I know are "Religious" in some way or another. But we're talking about you, not me. 

OK, if you chose Excuse A. I'll take you to 1 Tim. 4:12-" Do not let others look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in faith, in love, and in purity."

If you chose Excuse B.  I'll speak from personal experience. Use your Bible. Let the Holy Spirit do the talking. And you can use what I've got in my purse: an Evangile Cube. You can get them at www.evangecube.com .

(I answered Excuse C above.)  Now for some verses when you share Him:

Rom. 3:23 ("For all have sinned....")
Rom. 6:23 ("For the wages of sin is death...")
2 Cor. 5:21 ("God made Him who had no sin to be sin for us, ...)
1Jn. 1:9 ("If we confess our sin, he is....")
Mth. 9:13b ("...not to call righteous, but sinners..."
Is. 1:18 ("...though your sin is like scarlet, they shall be white....")
Jn 1:29 (".... takes away the sin of the world....")

 And when you share the Gospel, remember! It doesn't matter that the girl at church saved more people than you! This is about Jesus. Think of all of the people who were not Israelite that just lived and died while Joshua Moses received the 10 commandments. These poor people had no Savior to look forward to, and now they will spend an eternity in hell. As Christians, we've got to be blinding lights for Jesus. So,  "Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you, And surely I am with you always, even to the end of the age."  Mathew 28:19-20
      
___________________________________________________
Psalm 19:14     

"May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in our   sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.         
                 Maryann Y. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge