topbella

Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day - By Emily M.



Mother's Day


By Emily M.

I read something very interesting this morning it was a song... a kids’ song. “Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.” Yesterday I went out to take pictures of a family that needs help. The kids, a girl and two boys, are 4.5 years, 6 years, and 7 years. They live with their grandmother, haven’t been to school, and get a meal once in a day. Yet in spite of it all, the grandmother cares enough to give her whole self to see that they live. 

​Then it got me thinking about my own mother. What is it about my mother that makes her so special? She showed us in action that a wise woman builds her house. My dad left when I was 4. I am the 5th born and my mother has 7 of us. It could not have been easy raising us all on her own but God gave her the strength and the ability to see all of us through school, and taught us never to despise our father. So this Mother’s day I will be dedicating this beautiful proverb to her and all other women out there who have fought the battle and will someday fight the battle.

A beautiful woman (Proverbs 31)
 
13.She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
29 "Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all."

If you would like to donate to help the three children mentioned above, we are currently doing a fundraiser for them: http://www.freewebs.com/godlygirls/apps/donations/

2 comments :

McKayla Robinette said...

One year, I made my mom a scrapbook, and the verse I put on the inside cover was verse 29. I love Proverbs 31 as a whole, but my personal life verse (out of this exert) is verse 25. It reminds me that as long as we have God, then we don't need to worry!

Ladybug8 said...

Love that, McKayla!

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge