topbella

Friday, February 28, 2014

Pledge for Christ, By Sarah K.



Pledge for Christ

By Sarah K.

I, as a young woman in Christ, pledge to:
·       Follow Christ’s example by walking in love toward all, both my friends and people I don’t get along with. If Christ could die on the cross for me, I can love them. “Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” (Ephesians 5:1-2)
·       Stand up to the world when it tells me beauty is found on the surface, and instead dress in truth, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and prayer; “the full armor of God”. Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” (Ephesians 6:10-11)
·       Practice the fruit of the Spirit, wherever I am, whatever my circumstances: “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” (Galatians 5: 22-23)
·       “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people.” (Galatians 6:10a) Even to the ones who try their hardest to make it difficult for us to do good to them!
·       Honor in my actions, the way I speak about them, and the way I think about them, every authority above me, no matter how annoying, ridiculous, or strict they are: “Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.” (1 Peter 2:13a)
·       Remain pure “in both body and spirit”, saving any intimacy for marriage, and focus on my relationship in the Lord to give me my identity, not from any love I can find from boys: “An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit.” (1 Corinthians 7:34)
·       Keep in mind that outward beauty lasts only a while, then fades away, while internal beauty grows daily in my walk with the Lord: “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, and the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” (1 Peter 3:3-4)
·       Practice modesty, (no matter how foolish, weird, or unpopular it is), and refuse to gossip, slander others, taunt others unkindly, and or let my speech be characterized by  inappropriate jokes: “But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk, or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.” (Ephesians 5:3-4)
·       Devote myself to prayer and knowing God’s Word, so that I can be prepared for any lies that the devil will try to plant in my heart: “See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.” (Colossians 2:8)


In the end, though I will never be able to do these things perfectly, I do them because I wish to honor the God whom I love, my Best Friend, Savior, Everlasting Father, Wonderful Counselor, Prince of Peace, and Mighty God. He alone “rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13-14).


“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, ‘children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.’ Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life.” (Philippians 2:14-16a).

2 comments :

Sarah Phillips said...

Amen! :)

Unknown said...

Talk more about this subject under Girl Talk in the forums:

http://godlygirlsforgod.websitetoolbox.com/

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge