topbella

Friday, January 18, 2013

Martin Luther King, By CJ

Martin Luther King

By CJ

Martin Luther King Day is January 21st this year.

Martin Luther King was a Baptist Minister. He lived in a pretty rough time period, that we now call the Civil Rights movement. Martin Luther King was a Christian; just like us, he believed in God. When I hear about Martin Luther King, I don't hear much about him being a Christian. But as I research more, I believe that he is a very good role model for Christians. He strongly believed in the Bible. He said that it was filled with truths. He knew in his heart that one day, all the people who were different and that were treated differently still had the same hope to "make it to the promise land." God used Martin Luther King as a leader; he was a leader and a Christian. God used Martin Luther King and many others to make a difference in the world. Right now, it might feel as if we are useless or purposeless, but God has a plan for you, and for me, and for your friends, and your family.

Jeremiah 29:11
"'For I know the plans I have for you.' Declares the Lord 'Plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.''

Research: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge