topbella

Friday, December 19, 2014

Blessings in Disguise



      Blessings in Disguise

By Kaitlyn F.

          For many of us, getting sick is not fun. Most of us would love to crawl into a hole and hide when we are sick. I have been sick for the past couple of days, and I had to stay home Tuesday, and miss my senior winter concert because I was sick. But as I reflect on that, I'm starting to see that it was more of a blessing that I got sick. I had been so stressed out with essays and finals that I found myself praying to God for more time to work. When I got sick and I had to stay home from school, that was God answering my prayers. I had hours to sit in my room and just work on homework. I actually got ahead for the first time this year, and it was thanks to God who let me get sick. Sure I missed out on my orchestra concert, and my classes that I had on Tuesday, but God knew my schedule and he knew how making me miss school any other day of the week would have been problematic. By the end of Tuesday night, I didn't feel physically any better, but mentally I was more relaxed and less stressed. We get so caught up with everything that is going wrong in our lives, that we miss the blessing that may come along with the struggles. 




                Jesus was born in a manger, not the most glamorous place to be born, but that is a blessing to all of us, because it showed how God made himself so much less than us so that he could truly show us how to love and serve others. If he was born in a palace, then our view of him might be a God that we can't touch or get near to, but Jesus wanted us close to him so he was born in the poorest place he could find, and that is a blessing to all of. Take heart in whatever trial you are going through that God gave us his blessing when he was born in a manger, and that God already knows what is going to happen, and this trial or storm might just be a blessing in disguise.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge