topbella

Friday, July 17, 2015

Grandma Lessons

Grandma Lessons

By Kaitlyn F.
A month ago was my graduation, and my grandparents came out for the weekend to go to graduation. I enjoyed having them over for the weekend because I don't often get to see them. One thing that I noticed was that my grandma was always happy. I believe one of the reasons is that she was always thankful. She would be in conversation with us, and we might say something negative, but she would interject saying something to be thankful in that situation. She always found something to be thankful for in any situation. We can all learn from her because we often don't look for things we can be thankful for in the situation we are in. This reminded me about 1 Thessalonians 5:18 that says,
 
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
My grandma embraces this verse because she was always saying things to be thankful for, and as a result she always had a smile on her face. 
I know that it isn't always easy to give thanks in every situation. Most of the time it would be easier to look at the things that are going wrong in our life. But when we take time to stop and think about what we can be thankful for, we tend to have a more cheerful outlook at life. And if we practice finding what we are thankful for, then it can be second nature, just like it was for my grandma. I am thankful that my grandparents were able to come out to celebrate with me this past weekend.  

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge