topbella

Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Testimony - TreAnna B.



TreAnna B.

I don't have any grandiose accounts of how I came to Christ, but I really don't regret that. I was born and raised in a small country town, where church was a vital part of life. I grew up in a Baptist church, and every Easter we would hear the story of the resurrection. Before I came to know Christ personally, the preacher's sermon was just that: another sermon. More boring words, more off-key singing, more of the same old church routine. However, after I came to know Christ, I begin to really look at what He had done for me. I'm not saying I fully understand, and I don't think I ever will, but I understand more now than when I was younger. One Easter about two years ago, we had a new youth pastor who wanted to do something different. So on Easter morning members of our youth group (myself included) acted out a skit to the song Glorious Day by Casting Crowns. I was privileged to play the part of Mary, and during this skit, I realized something: What I was feeling wasn't just me pretending to be Mary. It was me. I was sad that Jesus died on a cross, that He was beaten and hurt for me. I was happy when I got to see Him again (or I guess for when I actually will get to see Him again.) This realization baffled me, but at the same time, it made me feel wonderful and thankful. 

Today most of my writing still reflects this theme of sacrifice because I want to explore why Jesus did for me what He did. The more I look the more beautiful I find His actions, because honestly there is no reason. He did it for me because He loves me. What more could anyone want besides that?  



0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge