topbella

Friday, October 23, 2015

Secure by Hillary Beth

In Bible study this week, someone shared about the word, "security." I have often cringed at that word, because I know it's easy to feel insecure about things.

Ironically, I was also re-memorizing a bunch of verses and "Questions and Answers" from the AWANA program 3rd grade book, as I am a Truth & Training Director this year, and I don't want to challenge others to do something I can't do myself... anyhow... one of the sections says:

How does God want me to live my life?
God wants me to be secure in Him.

The back up verse is: John 10:28-29. It says, "I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Now there's a lot of things I could feel insecure about right now. I'll list a few:
  • Upcoming trips I want to take, but will have to do "alone"
  • My weight or physical appearance
  • The long list of "to-do's" I'm not getting done
  • How my voice sounds when I sing on stage with my sisters in Christ
  • Being a good enough leader when I prepare for large group time for Awana
  • Managing my time well 
 There's a lot of things on my mind, and maybe you can relate to some of them - maybe there are things you are about to do on your own for the first time, maybe there are things you think if you could accomplish them people would pay attention to you, maybe you are too aware of, and hard on yourself about, things that other people don't notice - or notice and think are great about you - or maybe you just fear not being good enough for God to use you.

But those aren't things we need to worry about!
God has said He would give us the words to say in tough situations - Luke 12:12 - "for the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say." If He will do that, will He not also give us the strength to do what Colossians 3:17 asks of us? "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." That encompasses a lot. When I sing, I sing for Him. When I write, I write for Him. When I wipe down my baby's high chair for the millionth time... maybe for ya'll it's cleaning your room or helping a sibling... I should be doing it for Him. 

What are you insecure about tonight? Write a list - it's good to see it in writing. Then pray through each item, giving each to God. Admit your limitations, weaknesses, and fears - and resolve to do what you do, one step at a time, for Him!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge