topbella

Friday, May 15, 2015

Overwhelmed by God

Overwhelmed by God

By Samantha W.
I have a bad habit of getting overwhelmed with things in my life. Problems and responsibilities pile up and I have no escape. I want to find an open field where I can scream for one solid hour.

Have you ever felt the same—where all your emotions wrap up turning your insides into scrambled eggs? It happens to me when I forget how powerful God is.

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17 NIV

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” Mark 10:27 NIV

How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. Psalm 104:24 NIV

By his breath the skies became fair; his hand pierced the gliding serpent. And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power? Job 26:13-14 NIV

These verses and more like them made one phrase come to mind. God is awesome. Ironic for the definition of awesome is “inspiring an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, or fear.”


The word overwhelming again, only this time it struck a chord with me. How many times have I been overwhelmed with my problems instead of being overwhelmed at the fact that God, the maker of Heaven and Earth, loves me and calls me His?


Too often, I fix my eyes on my circumstances and surroundings, and I lose focus of the fact that God is bigger than any obstacle. Then, because my brain’s consumed over the wrong thing, my own limited thinking puts a limit on what God can do for me.


On the other hand, when I center on God’s infinite wisdom and power, I realize I can do anything He calls me to do. No ifs, ands, or buts.


The same is true for you. Isn’t that an awesome thought?


When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet. Psalm 8:3-4, 6 NIV

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Contributors

Bible Gateway Blogger Grid member badge